Saturday, January 12, 2013

'Baby, Can You Handle This?' Destiny's Child Are Back!



It was 2004 when my favourite girl group Destiny’s Child released their last album ‘Destiny Fulfilled’, so I was extremely excited this week when Beyoncé said on her official website: ‘I am so proud to announce the first original Destiny's Child music in eight years.’ The album, entitled ‘Love Songs’, will be released on the February 4th, just before Beyoncé’s highly anticipated Superbowl performance. So of course it is expected that the other band members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, will join her on stage for a special reunion.

While there have been nothing said about a Destiny’s Child tour, I am waiting patiently (okay, maybe not patiently), hoping that there will be one. I saw them on their last tour in Landsdowne Road, and I have to say it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. Our seats were very far away but the atmosphere was just electric, and I will never forget it for that reason. The moment when Beyoncé came on stage by herself and sang ‘Crazy in Love’, and afterwards the crowd just erupted, and were clapping and screaming for what seemed like an hour, while Beyoncé just stood there and bowed every couple of minutes, with no sign of the crowd stopping, was incredible. Another amazing moment was at the end when the group were singing ‘Lose My Breath’, and in the middle they started singing ‘Olé, Olé, Olé’, and of course when an Irish person hears that they just go crazy, and that’s just what the crowd did!

The new album is mainly covers, which is a bit disappointing, but they do have one original song, ‘Nuclear’. Have a listen to it below and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment