Saturday, August 31, 2013

They have 'The X Factor'



So it’s that time of year again, when our Saturday nights are sorted from now until Christmas. Yes, it’s the return of The X Factor. Now in its tenth season, it never fails to top the ratings, and create headlines in the news. Whether you love it loathe it, you can’t deny that the show has given us some amazing performances through out the years, and here are some of my favourites:

Shayne Ward: ‘Over The Rainbow’

Way back in 2005, Shayne Ward won the second series with his rugged good looks and beautiful falsetto voice; he charmed the judges and viewers alike. 

Leona Lewis: ‘All By Myself’

Easily the best female vocalist the show has ever seen, Leona’s voice, combined with her sweet and humble personality, easily won the third series.


Ray Quinn: ‘My Way’

It was difficult to be a contestant in the same year as Leona, but Ray proved he deserved to be runner up  his all with his rendition of the Frank Sinatra classic in the finale.


Ruth Lorenzo: ‘Purple Rain’

One of my favourite ‘save me’ performances. With her X Factor life on the line, Ruth gave it her all, and she got through to the next week.


Alexandra Burke and Beyoncé Knowles: ‘Listen’

Possibly the best finale duets the show has seen. You can really see how emotional Alexandra was singing with Beyoncé, which just added to the amazingness of this performance.


Danyl Johnson: ‘With A Little Help From My Friends’

It was the first year that the judges held auditions with an audience, and Danyl came on and showed everyone else how you do it.


JLS: ‘Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl’

Yes, I’m choosing JLS over One Direction. JLS weren’t just manufactured on the show, which made them, in my opinion, more polished and together boyband when they performed.


Matt Cardle: ‘The First Time (Ever I Saw Your Face)’

I’m not really a fan of Roberta Flack’s song, but Matt’s falsetto vocals give me the chills every time I hear it.


Little Mix: ‘Don’t Let Go’

The only group to ever win the show in nine seasons. They really progressed and got better week after week. They also gave brilliant harmonies in this performance, and proved why they won it.


James Arthur: ‘The Power Of Love’

My favourite X Factor contestant ever. He just has so much passion when he sings, and his voice always gave me chills when he sang. I just felt every one of his performances. So it was a difficult decision to choose just one, but ‘Power Of Love’ is it.


So, what were your favourite X Factor performance?

No comments:

Post a Comment