Thursday, August 22, 2013

Weight: There's Just Too Much Of It!



I ordered a lovely pink and white dress from A-Wear for €65. It was a size 18. When it arrived yesterday I took it out of the bag and I thought ‘yay, this looks big enough, it will definitely fit me!’ It didn’t. Cue the frustration and the tears.

My weight has been a constant battle of mine ever since I can remember. I am constantly going up and down, and not by a couple of pounds, which is normal for most women, but by a couple of stone. And at 5’1, the weight just goes everywhere. I despise my big flabby arms and my huge muffin top.

You see, I get to a certain point where I think into myself ‘I need to loose weight’. I hit the gym, eat healthily, feel and look better. Each time I tell myself that I’m going to keep this up. But I also reach a point where I loose that motivation. I stop exercising as much and I’m not as careful with what I eat. The weight I lost creeps back up.

At nearly 14 stone I’m the heaviest I’ve been for a long time. It doesn’t help that I sprained my knee a month ago and have just been hobbling around the place ever since. I couldn’t have exercised even if I wanted to. While I’m still not a 100%, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and start doing something about it. It is only I that can do this. And this is what I plan to do: While I won’t join the gym for another few weeks until my knee is properly healed, I am going to start walking again, even if it is just a stroll to begin with, and building it up to power walks. What I have more control over is my eating habits. Out with the taytos, chocolates and pizzas (sob!) and in with the rice cakes, pitta breads and stir-frys (boo!). I am still going to have the occasional treat, just to reward myself for my good behaviour of course!

I am also considering keeping this dress as another incentive to loose weight. I will give myself a time limit of Christmas for me to be able to fit into it. I know that it will feel amazing the day I finally fit into the dress that finally sparked the motivation I needed to get up and do something! I am not looking to be a size 0. I'd be happy with a 12 - 14. I just want to look in the mirror and feel confident with how I look.


The dress from A-Wear


No comments:

Post a Comment